Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm a Little Magellan!

So I didn't write anything for my blog on Friday because I wasn't at work on Friday. I was driving across northern Kansas and southern Nebraska. Yeah!

Because I had racked up so many work hours on Sunday and Monday with my trip to New Mexico, I didn't have to work Friday. We went to Homestead National Monument outside Beatrice (be-AT-triss), Nebraska, to the Czech Capital of Nebraska in Wilber (because my kids and I are Czech), and to the Nebraska State Capitol. More importantly, I got five new counties (Marshall KS, Washington KS, Gage NE, Jefferson NE, and Saline NE). I'm now at 741. My wife is now over 400, my daughter now over 300, and my son now over 200.

This weekend we're going to Richmond, Virginia for spring break, and instead of taking 64, we're driving across southern Kentucky on the parkways. By the time we get back, we'll all have about 100 additional counties.

No comments: