Monday, April 09, 2007

Swill Connoisseurs

If I have to listen to one more idiot analyze the properties of their favorite brand of horse piss, I'm going to scream. Instead of saying vapid things like, "It's got a really fruity aftertaste that cuts through the hops flavoring," why don't they just save some time and say, "I'm an alcoholic"?

I have a very clear memory of one day in high school when I thought, "I want to get out of here and into the real world, where people aren't so hung up on defining themselves with the latest trendy item." Then I got into the real world and saw that I was full of crap. Everyone acts like a fifteen year old until the day they die. Teenagers establish who is cool by who has the newest CD or something like that. College students establish who is cool by who drinks the most or sleeps around the most. The moron people I work with establish who is cool by who has tasted the most exotic beer. I hate people.

1 comment:

Erik said...

I like the "Burns" quote on the top of you blog.