Thursday, November 29, 2007

Blog Success!

Wow, it turned out my "Iron Chef America" posting could be my most widely-read EVER! It already has four comments! Now, I'm still short of a typical Cristin Lassen level of comment inciting, but this is a big deal for me. I've discovered the secret to successful blogging: write about crap TV shows. However, I don't really watch TV much at all, so that kind of puts a damper on that. I did see the world's ugliest picture of Marie Osmond online the other day, and that made me grateful I have seen only part of one episode of "Dancing With the Stars."

Remember "Circus of the Stars"? I thought that show sucked even when I was a kid, but I remember my mother watching it pretty regularly. Then just when I was getting old enough to appreciate the slutty circus costumes the ladies were wearing, the show was gone. I had a sad childhood.

Here's something I did watch last night: "Hot Rod." Why? Because it was either that or study Calculus. My take on the movie is this: I liked it. It was a lot like if Adam Sandler had made "Napoleon Dynamite." I think I would watch this movie frequently enough to make it worth buying it should I find it on sale somewhere for $9.99 (or, like some DVDs at Target last weekend, $3.99). And seeing how we rent from our grocery store for $1.50 instead of paying those "outrageous" Blockbuster prices, that's really saying something.

1 comment:

Cristin Lassen said...

Ding ding! You are correct. I have also learned that my blog readers love to comment on crap tv shows, but politics, not so much. It's kind of sad to me, because I would really like to write more about politics and current events, but people only seem to care about crap t.v. So I try to give the people what they want.