Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hard Times (American Style)

As if this weren't the definitive statement on the subject, there is also this article to consider, wherein we read the words, "And they've made cutbacks: trading in Kent's Corvette for a Suburban and getting rid of the gardener, for example."

I find it hard to feel sorry for people who have a home equity line of credit (which is not a mortgage), have decided to live in California, and think driving a Suburban when gas prices are near record highs is "economizing."

Also today I read this article, which is about how hard it is to be an able-bodied old person who is expected to work for a living.

I've said it before, but since no one reads my blog I can feel free to say it again: old people are destroying this country.

4 comments:

Cristin said...

This reminds me of a family I know who uses the Bishop's Storehouse, yet still drives a leased Lexus.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Cristin, I'd appreciate it if you got my approval before divulging my family's financial details on the Internet. Okay, thanks.

Erik said...

I like how the Chode of a husband is 60 and his wife is like 31...hmmm I need to move to OC. Corvette to Suburban was definately a move to conserve. The Corvette I'm pretty sure actually gets better gas milage then the Burban. Corvette=5.7L displacement, wieght ~2,500lbs. Suburban 5.7L engine ~4,000lbs

Nance said...

That first article you reference, that guy really knows what he's talking about.