Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Money for Nothing

I have a new theory that it's never worth fighting someone over money. Why spend time getting angry, planning my arguments, and having the actual confrontation, when I can just pay the money and be done with it? It feels so much better to write checks that make my problems go away. I wish all of my problems could be bought off. How much money do I need to throw at my dissertation to make it write itself?

My theory doesn't hold up, though, if more and more people are going to take advantage of me for larger and larger sums. Then I just go bankrupt. So I couldn't quite bring myself to write the last unjust check to T-Mobile without calling and complaining about it.

This was, of course, stupid of me. Now I've paid the money and had the hassle. I need to do one or the other, not both.

No comments: