Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"I'm Deep Inside Your Children, They'll Betray You in My Name"

What's the point of public school? Well, a large part of its mission is undermining your religious and moral education.

An LAUSD spokesperson talked up a government grant to have students advocate for Obamacare in their homes.

The goal, she said, is to determine "whether young people can be trained as messengers to deliver" a broad array of school and government-sponsored messages to family and friends.

I once listened to a podcast where a woman said her Utah stake had a youth meeting to explain the church's position on social issues, and the youth of the stake argued with the stake president about why the church is wrong, citing arguments learned in school.

My children won't attend indoctrination centers.

(P.S.: yes, opposition to Obamacare is religious and moral education.)

Title from Rage Against the Machine's "Sleep Now in the Fire."

1 comment:

Alanna said...

In my high school, we read Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States of America for the required American Studies course. Fortunately, my parents had already raised me well enough to be able to see through Zinn's communist lies. But this is why it's important for parents to be involved in their children's education. It made me a much better thinker, even if it was painful at the time. (Going to BYU and taking American Heritage was bliss! But then I got lazy and stopped thinking...)