Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Baby Sale

Today I received an e-mail from JCPenney telling me that select styles of baby are on sale for up to 50% off. But I shouldn't get too excited, because it's probably just the colicky style.

Speaking of babies that are 50% off, when we had each of our first two kids, with insurance, we got a letter letting us know that, while we didn't pay out of our pocket for the kid, it wasn't exactly free. I tend to remember the cost of childbirth as being something around $30,000. When we had our third kid, without insurance, the cost was under $3,000.

Part of the reason I've always wanted to have twins is because the marginal cost of the second baby is so low. Supposing no strange health problems, why not have as many kids as possible from one pregnancy. Economize on the pain and inconvenience. It hasn't happened for us yet, though.

No comments: