Monday, July 06, 2015

"The Part of the Story I Didn't Like...."

I bore my testimony at church yesterday. I used to not do it that often, then I decided that I should regularly do the things that make me uncomfortable until they become comfortable. Then I realized that nobody wants to hear what I have to say, so I'm back to almost never doing it.

But I went up and did it yesterday. And then a few minutes later, a different guy in the branch got up to basically respond to me. It wasn't like I had said something wrong that he couldn't let go unchallenged; he just wanted to re-bear my testimony the way that it should have been done.

This guy was already on my nerves from the previous week, when he said I should be able to feel God's love for me (which I can't) if I just read my scriptures and prayed (which I do). So I wasn't exactly in a charitable mood when he corrected my testimony presentation.

No comments: