Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Cremains of the Day

My wife and I are trying to figure out what we should do with our bodies if one of us dies in China. I contacted an international mortuary shipping company for an initial estimate. It turns out we can expect to spend over $10,000 to send a body from Beijing to Los Angeles, and over $6,000 to send cremation remains.

Say what?!

If she just Weekend-at-Bernie's it with me, I can fly round trip for under $700. (I wouldn't use the return ticket.) Why is it nearly 10 times as expensive when I'm not using a seat?

Of course I know the answer: government. There are fees and regulations and licenses and whatnot. I'm sure I can't just carry cremains in a carry-on because that's exactly what the terrorists would do!!!!eleventy!!!!

I hate being a slave to government. Especially to one that says I'm free.

No comments: