Monday, September 28, 2015

Where Reading Stands Now

I'm an idiot. And one of the ways my idiocy manifests itself is in my incredibly slow reading speed.

Several weeks ago I was reading a blog post where the author wrote, "I intend for this to be a quick introduction to the issue that will only take seven minutes of your time." I quickly scrolled down to see how long it was. It would have taken me at least 30 minutes to read that entire post.

My point is that these books are taking me forever, and you don't have to feel the embarrassment that comes from watching someone who doesn't realize the truth, because I realize the truth.

  1. The Theory of Moral Sentiments, by Adam Smith - 17%
  2. Working Toward Zion, by James W. Lucas and Warner P. Woodworth - 47%
  3. Knowledge and Coordination, by Daniel B. Klein - 83%
  4. The Theory of the Leisure Class, by Thorstein Veblen - 69%
  5. The Eleven Comedies, Vol. 1, by Aristophanes - FINISHED 8/1/15
  6. The Mindfulness Solution, by Ronald D. Siegel - FINISHED 9/1/15
  7. An Incomplete Revenge, by Jacqueline Winspear - FINISHED 8/5/15
  8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling - FINISHED - 8/12/15
  9. The Road to Wigan Pier, by George Orwell - FINISHED - 9/22/15
  10. Babbitt, by Sinclair Lewis - 27%
  11. Couple Skills, by Matthew McKay, Patrick Fanning, and Kim Paleg - FINISHED - 9/6/15
  12. Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - FINISHED 7/26/15
  13. Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young, by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - 73%
  14. Ruby Redfort: Look Into My Eyes, by Lauren Child - FINISHED - 9/6/15
  15. Come As You Are, by Emily Nagoski - FINISHED - 9/26/15
  16. Ruby Redfort: Take Your Last Breath, by Lauren Child - 50%

No comments: