Monday, November 02, 2015

Random Pictures That Aren't Good Enough for Blog Posts

One day outside the mall there was a giant temporary sculpture of a whale. We took a picture because our oldest son loves whales. This makes it look like the whale had its own security guard, but really it was a guy standing there to keep the metal fence pieces from blowing away. (It was a very windy day.)

Generally speaking, if there's a safety sign up in America, it means their lawyers want to protect themselves against possible future liability. If there's a safety sign up in China, though, it means several people have died and management is getting tired of having to deal with it. This sign translates as: Please note: Watch out for bumped heads.

Sam's Club sells giant-ass bathtubs. That's just under $300 for an adult-sized bath pod.

And for only $780 you can own a life-size Boonie Bears bear. (Sexy-ass model not included.)

If I wasn't trying to limit my meat consumption, I would totally try this yak meat.

The motorized ramps down to one of our local groceries stores recently received these "one-way street" signs. The Chinese translates as "please don't go in the direction not allowed by traffic regulations." When each character is an entire word, you can get wordy like that, I guess.

When my school took all the students on a field trip to an auto museum, I didn't know what to expect. If it was going to be China-centric, wouldn't it be a fairly small museum? Evidently, no, not when moving giant blocks on rollers counts as a "car." But seriously, this museum was pretty cool and my family is going to return sometime soon for our kids to check it out.

I'm curious how this pillow is supposed to improve my eyesight. But not curious enough to buy it and try it out.

Since there are no laws against negligent parenting here, we're allowing our kids to do the kinds of things that used to be totally normal. A few weeks ago, our oldest kid, 13-year-old Crazy Jane, rode the subway across town by herself to go to the movies with a friend. She even got back home okay!

I stole this from someone's Twitter feed last week. Evidently the jar is labeled "happiness" and the first guy is saying, "Where did you find that? I've been looking for that forever!" The second guy is saying, "I made it myself."

I once had plans to write a blog post about the hottest moms in children's literature. It was inspired by this mom from Wait. But then I couldn't find some of the pictures I wanted, like some LDS kids book we have boxed up in America called something like A Teddy Bear, a Prayer, and a Flash Light. So I'll just include the ones I found before I got distracted by something else.

Another hot mom of children's literature, this one from Am I Big or Am I Little?

Finally, perhaps the hottest mom in all of children's literature, the mom from Blueberries for Sal.

No comments: