Friday, January 01, 2016

Upcoming Reading

Well, it took me over six months, but I finally got to a point where I'm only reading one book right now. I don't know that I've been in this position in at least 15 years. It feels weird.

Anyway, here's my reading plan for 2016. I know book titles should be italicized, but I don't feel like making that many HTML tags.

WODEHOUSE BOOKS

  1. The Pothunters (re-read to my kids)
  2. A Prefect's Uncle (re-read to my kids)
  3. The Gold Bat
  4. The Head of Kay's
  5. Mike at Wrykyn (re-read to my kids)
  6. Mike and Psmith (re-read to my kids)
  7. Psmith in the City (re-read to my kids)
  8. Psmith, Journalist (re-read to my kids)
  9. Leave It to Psmith (re-read to my kids)
  10. Uneasy Money
  11. Piccadilly Jim
  12. Jill the Reckless

VICTORIAN NOVELS

  1. Jane Eyre
  2. The Moonstone
  3. Vanity Fair
  4. Wuthering Heights
  5. Tess of the d'Urbervilles
  6. Bleak House

KIDS BOOKS

  1. Man of the Family (Ralph Moody's second book)
  2. The Home Ranch (Ralph Moody's third book)
  3. Mary Emma & Company (Ralph Moody's fourth book)
  4. Grk and the Phoney Macaroni (the eighth Grk book)
  5. The Magical Fruit (the fourth "Dr. Proctor" book)
  6. The Moomins and the Great Flood (somehow we read the second and third Moomin books without reading the first)

MAISIE DOBBS NOVELS

  1. Among the Mad
  2. The Mapping of Love and Death
  3. A Lesson in Secrets

JAMES BOND NOVELS

  1. Moonraker
  2. Diamonds Are Forever
  3. From Russia, With Love

NON-FICTION

  1. The Theory of Moral Sentiments
  2. How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
  3. America-Lite
  4. Crossing
  5. The Servile State
  6. In Search of Zarathustra
  7. Heaven on Earth
  8. Not a Suicide Pact
  9. The Tyrannicide Brief
  10. Coming Apart
  11. Scarcity
  12. The Collapse of Complex Societies

CHURCH BOOKS

  1. The Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow
  2. The Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph F. Smith
  3. The Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant
  4. The Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith
  5. The Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay
  6. The Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith

Forty-eight books. We'll see how this works out. Usually when I make a reading plan, I don't even follow half of it. Not that I only read half as much as I planned, but that I go off the plan a lot.

No comments: