Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Coming Hiatus?

China has new regulations coming next week that prohibit foreign entities from publishing on the Internet. I have no idea what this means for a foreign resident with a blog hosted on overseas servers. So just be aware that there's a possibility my blog will go silent around March 10th and not turn back on until I leave at the beginning of July.

Depending on how effectively the Chicoms can break the Internet here, I'm worried that a massive devaluation looms. I transferred money yesterday and had a palpable relief that I was able to get one more month in at an acceptable exchange rate. I feel like a guy on "Press Your Luck" going for another spin when everyone knows he's long overdue for a Whammy. (Only readers of a certain age will understand that cultural reference.)

No comments: