Monday, September 26, 2016

Found Notes

My daughter found some notes I made in church several years ago. There are three of them.

  1. The Bible records the Hebrew names (Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah) and Babylonian names (Belteshazzar, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego) for four people. So why do we use one Hebrew name and three Babylonian names to talk about them? That inconsistency bothers me.
  2. "Not run faster than [we] have strength" is too often taken to mean "run as fast as you want." It should mean "get strength."
  3. After hearing a very incredible--in the true sense of the word--story, I wrote, "That story sounds about negative ten percent believable. We need a Mormon Snopes." Then I listed possible website names: mormonsnopes.com, faithpromotingrumors.com, theworkandthestory.com, marvelousworkandablunder.com, or correlationmeeting.com. (Crazy Jane noted that Marvelous Work and a Blunder was her favorite.)

No comments: