Tuesday, January 10, 2017

New County Strategy to Consider

I keep track of the counties I visit. I've currently been to 1,774 of America's 3,133 counties (or county equivalents). But now that I live in an extreme corner of the country, it's time I start considering a new approach: flying and renting a car in a distant city. This will help me avoid spending days driving through areas I've already completed to be able to reach the areas I have yet to visit.

My local city has non-stop flights to 28 domestic destinations, but only 11 of them are of interest to my county gathering.

  1. Asheville, NC
  2. Atlanta, GA
  3. Boston, MA
  4. Charlotte, NC
  5. Dallas, TX
  6. Houston, TX
  7. Memphis, TN
  8. Minneapolis, MN
  9. Nashville, TN
  10. New Oreleans, LA
  11. New York, NY/Newark, NJ

Of these, I think Dallas and Minneapolis would be my top two choices for a first attempt. I don't think this is going to happen this year, but in the next few years I expect I'll do this for the first time.

No comments: