Monday, May 01, 2017

The Sex Panther of Prognosticators

My oldest son, Articulate Joe, is a fan of Arsenal Football Club. He came upon this allegiance quite simply: the first Premier League game he ever watched was Arsenal against Queens Park Rangers, and Arsenal won. (This experience also made him hate hoop-stripe jerseys, no matter the team wearing them.) Anyway, he's been an Arsenal fan ever since.

When we were coming home from church yesterday, I said, "What do you think happened in the North London Derby?" He said he didn't know. I said, "I think it's 2-1, Tottenham. Arsenal's down to ten men because Koscielny got a red card. The two Tottenham goals are Dele Alli and Harry Kane. Kane's was a penalty that came with the Koscielny red card." We came inside and I checked the score on a soccer scores app. It was scoreless at halftime.

Later in the day, I checked the score again. Tottenham had won, 2-0. And the two Tottenham goals? Dele Alli and a Harry Kane penalty kick.

So, as you can see, just like Sex Panther cologne, 60% of the time my prognostication works every time.

No comments: