Friday, June 16, 2017

Weekend Blogging

How much do I blog as blogging, and how much do I blog as work avoidance? Well, how much blogging do I do on weekends and holidays? The answer is "not much."

"But, A Random Stranger, here's a recent post from a Saturday!" Check the time stamp: if it posted at 12:27 p.m., I wrote it previously and scheduled it to post later. So the weekends that my blog has a post are really just indications that the previous work week I went hard on the work avoidance.

I've written about this before, like when I noted on my blog's 10th anniversary post that "coincidentally" I average 21 posts per month and each month has an average of 21 work days in it. But I was reminded of this again when I thought, "Wow, Tyler Cowen has an assorted links post on Saturdays, too!" Of course he does, because he blogs as blogging, not as work avoidance.

Maybe this is legitimate extenuation or maybe this is just attempted justification, but I do benefit from practice making cogent arguments. ("And what does that have to do with your blogging?" Zing!) But if I really benefited from it, I'd be doing it on Saturdays and Sundays, too.

No comments: