Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Annnnnd It's Gone Now

Last week I was weeding through some old correspondence (the real kind, kept in a box in my garage that I'm tired of moving about the country, hence the "weeding through"). As I was looking over old letters from friends, I came to an appreciation of these friends' friendships, and an idea that, despite how I've been feeling this year, I can still be friends with people who know I'm a failure. I resolved to write to them, but it was late, so I left the correspondence and the writing to complete the next day.

When I came back to it the next day, the correspondence seemed different. Instead of making me think, "Look at the good friends you have," it made me think, "Look at the good friends you used to have."

I've had this letter writing on my to-do list for a week now and I can't get any of it done.

No comments: