I asked an extra credit question on a final exam this week:
On a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being bad and 5 being good), how awesome was my moustache? (You can be honest; you'll be graded on the presence of an answer, not what the answer is.)With 87 responses, the average turned out to be 3.466. Which is somewhere between "okay" and "pretty good."
For some reason most students felt like including a lot of commentary. Here are some comments:
- It looked weird but at the same time very manly.
- Not into moustaches but looks ok on you. (No homo.)
- It was so bad I stopped coming to class.
- To be honest, I couldn't even notice the moustache from my seat until you brought attention to it.
- It was a power 'stache.
- I didn't even know you had it until you told us to enjoy our last glimpses of it.
- I cried when you shaved it.
- A moustache is badass. It shows no fear, and leadership.
- Too many people in Richmond have huge distasteful ZZ-Top style beards which in theory sound epic and trendy, but I think yours is right on the money.
- I have seen sophomores in high school do better than that. You should of [sic] never entered a moustache competition. You had to have known you wouldn't place, right?
- Your moustache was a 2 for a grown man but a 5 for a teenage boy. All in the perspective.
- Grade A badass moustache.