Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Once You Get Past Caring, You Can Get Past Anything

The first very cold morning in November, my pants clung uncomfortably to my legs because of static electricity. In the past, faced with this problem, I have used dryer sheets when drying my clothes, but we don't have a clothes dryer here. I've also found that rubbing a dryer sheet on my legs works, but I'm not sure we'd be able to find dryer sheets, since almost no one has a dryer here. So I could spend the winter uncomfortable, or I could solve the problem in a fairly-simple way.


My wife is mortified. I told her no one would see. She insisted she would see. But if that's what I have to worry about, she sees parts of me that are much less attractive than my hairless shins. (Like my now-comparatively-hairy knees.)

She made me promise I would not wear shorts in Thailand next week.

P.S.: It has worked perfectly.