Monday, April 13, 2015

"Tough Crowd; They're Booing Shakespeare!"

My friend informed me of her family's actual "Pioneer Children Sang As They Walked" words.

This comes from my side of the family where we have no pioneer ancestors. Don't know if that makes it better or worse.

"Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked.

"Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked.

"Sometimes they laughed and sometimes they cried.

"Sometimes they lived and sometimes they died.

"All day long they sang as they walked and walked and walked."

I also changed the line in "There is Sunshine in my Soul [Today]" from "where the peaceful, happy moments roll" to "where the peaceful, happy Mormons roll."

As someone who also has no pioneer ancestry, I say it's wonderful. It's a lot more accurate than the original lyrics. And besides, my wife's cousins celebrate their pioneer ancestry by drinking beer and being inactive. I don't think the pioneers did what they did so they could have a bunch of Jack Mormon descendants.

No comments: